- About Us
- Los Angeles Location
- Essential Info
- Course Dates
- CELTA Course
- About the ESL Profession
- Jobs in the ESL World
- Teaching Abroad
- Job Tips
- Post a Job
- My Teaching House - ESL Teacher's Community
- Contact Us
The Application Process
The Teaching House CELTA application process is designed with two aims in mind:
- To provide trainees with a clear idea of what the CELTA course is, what they can expect to get from it and what is required of them.
- To ensure that trainees who are accepted have a very high chance of successfully completing the course and in finding suitable work teaching.
The process for applying for the CELTA course is as follows:
- Candidates complete the application form. This can either be the online application form or by requesting that one is emailed to them (as a word document). These two routes are exactly the same. To ensure that you receive our online responses promptly, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Allowed Emails list.
- One of our trainers will follow up your application by email and send you a copy of the pre-course task (a word document). This is a series of language and teaching activities designed to give trainees an idea of what the course (and teaching English!) is about.
- Once we have received your pre-course task, we will set up a time for an interview that is convenient for you. Interviews can be carried out either in person or by phone.
- The interview is a chance for you to meet the trainers and see the center (if done in person) and also for the trainers to finalize your suitability for the course.
- The candidate pays the deposit to confirm place on the CELTA course of his or her choice (subject to availability—given on a first-come, first-served basis).
- Three weeks before the start of the course, the candidate pays the outstanding course fee (see: Course Fees for more details).